Saturday, April 18, 2009

Wes' (HoneyBrownSugar) Wavy Coil Out

Always wanting to try different styles, I finally decided to give the 'Wavy Coil' a try... I used the technique as described by Wes.

1. Co-Washed w/ Hello Hydration
2. Detangled (finger combed)
3. Applied Lustrasilk's Shea Butter + Mango, placed under a plastic baggy and finished up shower duties.
4. Rinsed with cool/luke warm water
5. Towel dried a bit, spritzed with Aussie Leave In conditioner
6. Applied Olive Oil Moisturizer all over
7. Proceeded to twist ends and sealed with 100% Pure Unrefined African Shea Butter
8. Twisted/rolled w/ straws.

I have yet to see the results, but I'm hoping it gives me a new, wearable look. I want to change the "stigma" of natural hair being wild, unmanageable, and unattractive. A lot of people are closed-minded when it comes to natural hairstyles and tend to play it safe with straighter styles. There's nothing wrong with that, I like my hair straight as well but I love the freedom to alternate between the two! Over the past 2 weeks I've gotten many complements on my bantu knots and I just needed something new. Pics below...

Products Used:

(above pic) hair wet
Hair wet (to show length)



I REALLY hope this turns out wonderfully! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your hair is gorgeous!