Sunday, April 26, 2009

Flat Iron

Sooo, I went ahead and straightened the hair.  Saturday, I co-washed with Aussie Moist conditioner, followed up w/ Cholestorol Shea Butter + Mango, detangled... and let sit for about 5 mins.  Rinsed, and applied Pantene's R&N Breakage Defense Deep Conditioning mask.  I wrapped in a plastic bag, finished in the shower, and let sit for an additional 15 min.  Afterwards, I rinsed with cold water, spritzed lightly with Aussie Leave-In, applied a bit of Olive Oil Root Stimulator and a TAD bit of 100% shea butter. and then my sister applied Fantasia IC Heat Protectant.  She proceeded to blow dry, starting from the back all the way up to the front:





Afterwards, she spritzed lightly once again with the IC Heat Protectant and straightened it with her GVP flat iron... The curls quickly fell about 2-3 hours later, I passed on a holding spray/spritz... wanted to use the least amount of harmful chemically infused products as possible!   At the ball I danced the night away, and to my surprise, my hair wasn't a complete mess!  There were places where it frizzed up, mainly my hairline and the very back.  Once I got home, I applied a bit more of 100% raw shea butter and wrapped in my satin scarf.... I plan to keep it straight for at least a week. 

Before heading out:



Next Day (this morning):



(excuse me looking a darn-right mess... long night!)

BTW, I am SUPRISED at the growth.  Almost six weeks of buns and curly styles has aided in at least an inch of growth.... if not more.  I seriously doubt that it is my imagination!  I guess the non-heat, low manipulation really has served its purpose.... if I keep this up, I may be hitting my new goal of waist-length by January of 2009!!!  But anyway, it's late... I need to get to bed so i can get up for classes in the morning. 

Goodnight!

--Allie B, loving life, loving me!

No comments: