All of my recent hair drama has me REALLY shaky about tryin this henna... I really want the conditiong/strength/less shedding/less frizz effects, but I don't want the dry/hay-like feel of it like a couple of other people have reported experiencing....
Last Thursday up until today, my hair has been BLAH. Last Monday, I did my usual co-wash, condition, and two-strand twist. I left the twists in all day Tuesday and wore them in a bun. Wednesday, I took the twists out and rocked a twist out... This time it was different tho, not sure how and or why, I used all of the same products.
Needless to say, Thursday morning, my hair was a mess. I threw it up in a ponytail/bun and said to hell with it. Friday, I did a normal wash and go, which started off pretty cute. However, while apartment searching that day, it rained so the humidity/rain drops made my hair frizz in the most random spots. Truly annoying... so, another bun saved the day. This bun remained all through the weekend up until Monday morning.
Sunday evening while grocery shopping, I saw Krogers was having a sale on some hair products.... being the budding Product Junkie that I am, I just HAD to buy something. I purchased Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves Fortifying Cream Conditioner... 13oz for $ 2.39 (opposed to $7)
- For wavy hair.
- Reinforced Active Fruit Concentrate:
- Vitamins B3 + B6
- Lightweight Moisturizers
- Pre-styles waves and tames frizz for flowing cascades.
- Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair System provides deep therapy to help repair and protect damaged hair, leaving it smooth and healthy-looking.
- Intensely nourishes over-processed, damaged hair.
- Works inside the hair strand to help fortify and repair damage.
- Smoothes and softens for healthy-looking hair.
- With Nutritive Fruit Micro-Oils:
- Apricot + Avocado Oil + Ceramide Reconstructor
- Acts deep within and on the surface of your hair to strengthen & smooth each strand
- Results: The Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair system makes hair up to 5x stronger, up to 5x smoother and so much shinier - Garnier Fructis Strength & Repair System of shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner.
- For hair that shines with all its strength.
- Create and control any style you want with Garner Fructis Style.
So I went on and co-washed my hair using Herbal Essences HH first, followed up by this product. I left it on and rinsed lightly, leaving whatever conditioner that was in inside. However, 2 hours later, no joke, I was brushing it all back up into a bun. It was a frizzy, poofy, disgusting, dry-looking mess!!! I was so disappointed. I read on the back that one of the top ingredients was listed as PEG so I searched this ingredient online and read that it is known to strip African American hair, no wonder! I quickly gave the product away to my dorm neighbor!
I also purchased this combo:
Esencia by Samy... it claims to be 100% Vegan, Organic, Sulfate/Paraben Free....
I wasn't crazy for the smell and or consistancy of the shampoo or the conditioner. I can't really say if I loved it or hated it, but my hair most definitely didn't seem to have any moisture to it.It looks a whole lot better than it did the past couple of days or so. "Volumizing" was the only type of shampoo/condish that they had, and both were relatively inexpensive ($7.99, free w/ mail-in rebates)... however the cashier only charged me for one bottle, idk. I researched this product and haven't found much of anything on line, maybe they have a hydrating shampoo and conditioner?
I'd love to be cone/sulfate-free, essentially all organic. Ah, what's a girl to do.
So, have any of you ladies had any experiences with this brand of hair products???
Also, any more advice to share on henna? I need to know!!! lol